Epsom salt bath benefits explained
bring health and wellness into your tub
Let’s talk about Epsom salt bath benefits and how best to use this natural wonder There is a lot of information right now about the harmful chemicals in bath and beauty products. Finding out more about what goes on our skin and what we put in our bath bath water is one way to choose to avoid these harmful chemicals. Using Epsom salts not only helps us to make healthier choices but gives us the opportunity to treat our skin to some great benefits.
What is Epsom salt?
Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate. It is called a salt because of its natural chemical structure not because of its crystalline structure. This salt dates back to early Epsom, England where it was first discovered it is popularly believed. This is where Epsom Salt got its name. Even though it looks similar to traditional table salt (sodium chloride), it is a completely different compound.
Health benefits of Epsom salt bath
There are a number of Epsom salt bath benefits for your body.
Epsom salt has been added to baths for centuries to rejuvenate the skin. It also rinses completely off the skin unlike some other less natural products do.
Soothes stiff, sore muscles as it relaxes them.
Epsom salt baths are a great post workout idea!Your whole body feels refreshed after soaking in warm water and this salt. This salt can even reduce inflammation. You can use this salt in a foot bath also in lesser quantities to relieve foot pain, odors, and soften tough skin on the bottom of your feet.
Just rub some over wet elbows, knees, or any other area where you need to remove dead skin cells. Soak longer if the dead skin cells do not come off at first.
Detoxifies the body and eliminates toxins
It is also believed the Epsom salt baths help to remove toxins from the body. The toxins, which include heavy metals, are drawn out of the body as you sit in warm bathwater containing this salt.
Relieves stress and relaxes the body
Many use Epsom salt baths as part of their stress management strategies and some claim that using this natural compound can prevent and ease headaches and migraines.
Tips for using Epsom salt in your bath water
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt into your bathwater while the warm water is filling the bathtub. Swish the salt around in the water to dissolve it. This helps your body get all the healthy Epsom salt bath benefits.
- Soak in the bath for 20 to 30 minutes for full effect.
- Want to add some aromatherapy benefits to your Epsom salts? Check out these directions or these books.
- Use only 1/2 cup of Epsom salt when just using a foot bath to soak your feet. Just make sure you dissolve the salt in the water thoroughly before soaking you feet for 15 to 25 minutes.
- You can add a couple tablespoons of this salt to your favorite facial cleansing cream. Wash your face as you normally would by gently massaging in the cleanser with the salt into your face. Rinse with warm water and then with cool water. The salt will gently exfoliate your face.
Buying Epsom salt
When buying Epsom salt, you first want to make sure you are buying pure Epsom salt and not a product that only contains it. It should also be in a airtight container. After all, if it gets wet it will dissolve. You can buy it in small packages or even in bulk depending on your needs.
Online websites, drugstores, grocery stores and more places sell this natural product. Compare the prices of Espsom salt and make sure you are getting the best deal for the correct product. Discover the Epsom salt bath benefits today for your own body!
Leave Epsom salt bath benefits and go to homepage, read about the benefits of sea salt or Himalayan salt.
About Soap Making
Soap Making Methods
- How to Choose Soap Making Recipes
- Melt and Pour Soap Making
- Cold Process Soap Making
- Room Temperature Soap Making
- Hot process soap making
- Rebatching Soap Making
- Liquid Soap Making
More Great Stuff!
By Ron & Andrea Rennick, Copyright © 2012 to 2015 www.ridgesoap.com
– All Rights Reserved