amazing sea salt bath benefits
As we become more and more informed about what goes in our body and on our skin; we need information to help us make choices that contribute to our wellness. This natural wonder comes from the sea and offers more than regular table salt.
What is sea salt?
Sea salt comes from the sea just as regular table salt does. There are dried up seas below the ground that have left salt residues as well as above ground saltwater sources such as the oceans and seas. Of course, if the salt comes from a wet water source, evaporation must be performed to extract the salt. However, sea salt does not have the additives that regular table salt has. It is salt in a more pure form. Anti-caking agents and extra iodine are two things often added to table salt. You may not want this in your bathwater with you so it is best to use sea salt to receive the full benefits from soaking in saltwater.
Sea salt bath benefits
Relaxation and release
We must first mention how relaxing it is to soak in saltwater when discussing the sea salt benefits for your body. You muscles loosen up and this in turn helps your mind relax. The stress will flow from your body and release your tension.
Detoxifying and toxin elimination
Sea salt baths also helps the body eliminate toxins. These toxins can cause health problems when they are left in the body. The reason for the salt working this way is that it improves blood circulation and this is what helps to flush the toxins from the body through the kidneys.
Sea salt bath benefits also include soothing skin irritations. The itchiness and inflammation caused by allergic rashes, psoriasis, and other skin problems can be relieved with soaking in water containing sea salt.
Sea salt helps to open the pores and cleanses the skin. Baths, scrubs and soaps using sea salt leave the skin looking rejuvenated and glowing.
Support for the immune system
The immune system can get a boost from sea salt. This system helps the body fight off bacteria, germs, and virus that cause diseases. Soak your way to better health.
Tips on using sea salt in your bath
Follow the tips below to enjoy sea salt in your bath water:
- Add two cups of sea salt to hot running water in your bathtub. This will help it dissolve completely.
- Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to add to your experience. Lavender oil helps you relax and marjoram oil helps relieve aches and pains and other essential oils work in other areas. Adjust the oils according to what your body needs. We’ve found some books with great recipes for salt baths.
- Soak for a long time in the bath to make sure all the benefits have enough time to soak into your body. It only takes about 20 to 30 minutes for the bath to be effective. Just don’t hop in the bathtub and rinse off quickly to get relief.
- Pat your skin dry after the bath to make sure the salt gets a chance to soak into your skin all the way.
Buying sea salt
Make sure to get pure sea salt when buying this type of salt. Otherwise, your benefits could be diminished. This salt is sold at natural products stores, websites, and other places. Start enjoying the many sea salt bath benefits today!
About Soap Making
Soap Making Methods
- How to Choose Soap Making Recipes
- Melt and Pour Soap Making
- Cold Process Soap Making
- Room Temperature Soap Making
- Hot process soap making
- Rebatching Soap Making
- Liquid Soap Making
More Great Stuff!
By Ron & Andrea Rennick, Copyright © 2012 to 2015 www.ridgesoap.com
– All Rights Reserved