Soap Making Instructions –
Easier than you think
This site will provide you the soap making instructions required for the soap making method that best fits your soap making intention. You will find here an overview of directives on how to make handmade soap.
Soap making kits are always a great option.
Research soap making recipes.
Find a soap recipe that inspires you.
You might want a facial soap, handmade olive oil soap is great, shaving soap is a nice Father’s Day gift and once you know how to make handmade soaps you will be creating your own formulas and recipes.
Many people, especially beginners prefer to buy soap making kits. I think that this can be a cost effective way to see if you enjoy soap making before purchasing all kinds of soap making supplies and equipment.
GENERAL SOAP MAKING INSTRUCTIONS
Soap making instructions GREATLY will vary depending on what soap making methodyou decide to go with. These are really meant to give a general idea of theprocess.
Once you have all your supplies and equipment, your first call to actionfor making soap is to get your workspace ready.
- You want it clean and you canuse plastic to cover parchment paper to cover if you wish.
- Make sure that you have a printed copy of your soap recipe.
- Get your molds ready, if you are using wood molds or cardboard boxes;line them with parchment paper or freezer paper.
- Measure the scents (essential oils or fragrance oils). I weigh these when preparing cold and process soaps.
- Prepare the colors and additives included in your recipes. If you needto grind exfoliant like oatmeal for a recipe, you should get that ready.
- Weigh lye (sodium hydroxide) and distilled water or liquid if you want to make cold process soap.
- Weigh fats, oils, butters or measure and cut premade bases.
- If you chose melt and pour soap making or rebatching soap making just melt in the microwave, double-boiler orcrockpot.
- Pour lye into water or liquid. Never pour water or liquid into lye.
- Melt fats, oils and butter.
- Check temperatures and try to get the melted oils and the lye-solutionto about the same. This can be a juggling act, I use ice bathes for the container that has the lye solution.
- You may need to cook the soap mixture for hot process soap making andliquid soap making.
- At trace, add scents, color and additives.
- Put in molds and let set.
- Unmold and cut and cure, if necessary.
Enjoy your soaps, you can keep them, gift them or sell them.
Soap making is a fun hobby that has something for every skill level and where you can always get more artistic. It is a craft that is useful and that smells great!
About Soap Making
Soap Making Methods
- How to Choose Soap Making Recipes
- Melt and Pour Soap Making
- Cold Process Soap Making
- Room Temperature Soap Making
- Hot process soap making
- Rebatching Soap Making
- Liquid Soap Making
More Great Stuff!
By Ron & Andrea Rennick, Copyright © 2012 to 2015 www.ridgesoap.com
– All Rights Reserved