soap making equipment
Any hobby or craft requires tools; soap making equipment is simple enough to procure and not more costly than any other hobby. As you build your skills you probably begin stockpiling soap making ingredients and equipment because you love making homemade soap.
equipment for melt and pour soap making
When you begin your venture on learning how to make handmade soap you might want to stay away from purchasing a lot of equipment until you decide if you really like it. Melt and pour soap making does not really require any special soap making equipment.
This equipment can be found in most kitchens and cleaning up in rather simple. You do not need special moldsreserved only for soap making but many prefer to keep their melt and pour mold and equipment separate. These are the basic equipment required.
- Sharp knife
- Glass measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Mixing spoons and wood stirrers
- Spray bottle (small) with rubbing alcohol
- Rubber spatula
- Molds (soap mold. silicone bakeware, metal baking pans, candy or candle molds, plastic containers)
- Plastic wrap or container
equipment for cold process, hot process and liquid soap making
Cold process, hot process and liquid soap making required equipment thatwill be reserved and used only for soap making because of the caustic effect oflye (sodium hydroxide) that it has on material. This list is for all thematerial required, please refer to each soap making recipe for specificinstructions.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT FOR HANDLING LYE
- Rubber gloves.
EQUIPMENT FOR MEASURING YOURINGREDIENTS
- Digital scale
- Heat safe container with spout
- Measuring spoons
EQUIPMENT FOR MIXING
- Rubber spatula or wooden spoons
- Glass mixing bowls
- Glass and heat resistant measuring cups
- Stick blender (you can buy in any department store, I do not pay a lot for them because I find that they burn out quickly)
EQUIPMENT FOR HEATING (depends on thesoap process)
EQUIPMENT FOR MOLDING
- Knife or soap cutter
- Molds (soap mold. silicone bakeware, candy or candle molds, wood molds or hard cardboard boxes (mil cartons work) lined with parchment/freezer paper)
- Old towels to insulate the soaps for the first 24 to 48 hours.
- There are molds and cutters that are specific soap making equipment and used more for commercial use, if you decide you wish to sell your soaps you will need to look into these.
EQUIPMENT FOR PACKAGING AND LABELLING
- No special equipment is required for packaging homemade soap, however equipment for soap making business can include shrink wrap machine.
- Home computer and printer can be used to make your own soap labels.
Start small, look at the different soap making instructions, purchase used equipment, barter soap for some silicone molds and have fun!
About Soap Making
Soap Making Methods
- How to Choose Soap Making Recipes
- Melt and Pour Soap Making
- Cold Process Soap Making
- Room Temperature Soap Making
- Hot process soap making
- Rebatching Soap Making
- Liquid Soap Making
More Great Stuff!
By Ron & Andrea Rennick, Copyright © 2012 to 2015 www.ridgesoap.com
– All Rights Reserved